The South Shore real estate market heats up in the spring. First impressions are a key part of selling your home. Here are a few tips from local Realtors to help you spruce up your home and get it ready to sell.
1. Repair the front walkway so it looks inviting and is safe to walk on. Pave the driveway if it needs it and organize the garage and paint the garage floor.
2. Nothing speaks of a refreshed exterior as much as fresh mulch. Thin out overgrown plantings and plant new annuals, starting with pansies.
3. Repaint or replace your mailbox and make sure your house number is visible.
4. Have a professional landscaper come in for a spring cleanup. Seed and sod your lawn, as necessary. Trim back bushes and hedges that have grown too close to the house.
5. Install window boxes to add warmth and a pop of color while distracting the eye from any imperfections.
6. Stage your outdoor living areas. Pull your patio furniture out of storage and set it up so it looks inviting.
7. If you have overgrown shrubs, be sure to trim them back or remove them. Having open spaces between plantings is important from a visual perspective.
8. Paint the front of the house, if it needs it. If the entire house needs painting or you don’t have the time or money to get it accomplished prior to listing your property, paint the front. It’s the first and last thing a buyer will see.
9. Add potted plants with colorful flowers to your front porch, deck and patio to make a cheerful impression.
10. If you have a little extra time and/or money, add a pergola or an arch to a bare area and plant some climbing flowers on the side of it. It’s a pretty inexpensive way to add a visual punch to your yard.